Simple Guide for Verizon Extender Setup
A Verizon network extender delivers as well as receives cell signals to lessen the gap in transference power. As homes, buildings, and offices minimize the strength of the signal, by setting up Verizon extender, you can enjoy a high-speed internet connection in every dead spot of your home.Before you execute the Verizon Extender Setup , you need to find the ideal location for your extender.
The most suitable place for it is near the router, where it’ll receive strong signals. In this post, we’ll explain the process of Verizon extender Wi-Fi setup.
Methods for the Verizon Extender Setup
To use a Verizon network extender, you require a wireless router as well. As the mobile device doesn’t have a route through the home network, the extender delivers it via the mobile towers of Verizon. There are two ways for setting up Verizon extender. You can proceed with the setup by following the mention steps:
Verizon Fios Extender Setup Using Wi-Fi
- Firstly, set the Verizon extender right next to your router. Make sure it’s turned off.
- Then, using the ethernet cable, connect one end to the router’s yellow port and the other end to the extender’s yellow port.
- Next, you can connect the extender’s power cord to an outlet.
- Then, in 10 minutes, the extender’s light will turn solid white, revealing that the connection is successful.
- Afterward, you can unplug the extender and move it to an area between the router and the place that has poor Wi-Fi coverage. When it’ll be plug in, the light will turn solid white in a few minutes.
The Verizon extender Wi-Fi setup is complete. All your devices will connect to your Wi-Fi network automatically.
Setup Using Coax Outlet
- The first step is to connect your router to a coax outlet. You can even use the coax splitter given in the box.
- The second step is to connect the extender to the outlet. This is to be done in an area that has a poor Wi-Fi network.
- Then, connect the power cord of the router as well as the extender to an outlet.
- Afterward, in 10 minutes the extender’s light will turn solid white. This means that the connection is successful.
You can proceed with the same steps using an ethernet cable. Now, the Verizon extender Wi-Fi setup is complete.
How to Login to Verizon Fios Extender?
After setting up Verizon extender, you can log into it in your Verizon extender. Follow the steps below:
- First, you have to open a web browser on a device that is connected to the extender’s network.
- Second, in the address bar, put in the IP address of the extender. You can find it on the UI.
- Then, to log in you need to insert your username as well as password. You can find this information on the label of the extender.
After logging in, the main screen will display a dashboard. A navigation menu for Status, Wi-Fi, and Advanced settings will exhibit as well.
How to Fix Verizon Extender Troubleshooting?
If your Verizon extender is giving your trouble, you need to check the following things:
- First of all, see if your extender is powered on and connected to your router. You can examine this by checking the status LED which is on the front of the extender.
- If there’s no white light then it means there’s some issue with the connection. Ensure the WAN cable is properly connected to the internet.
- If your extender is still giving you issues, you can try rebooting it. All you need to do is press the ‘red’ reset button on the back of the extender for 3-5 seconds.
- After the reboot has begun, it will come back to service if a few minutes, relying on your network connection. If the LED is white, try once to access the internet.
- If the reboot didn’t work, you can try the power cycle method. You just need to unplug the power cable and wait for 2 minutes. During this period, power cycle your device as well. Then plug the cable back into the extender. After a few minutes, inspect the LED and try to access the internet.
This ought to resolve the Verizon extender troubleshooting issues.
How to Restore the Factory Default Settings?
By restoring the factory default settings, all the current configurations will be erased. Follow the mentioned steps:
- First, log into the admin interface.
- Then, in the Advanced section, choose the Factory Default option.
- Next, click on the Restore Factory Default button.
Now, the extender will go back to the default settings. As this will be completed, the login page for the First Time easy Setup Wizard will be displayed.
This is how you can execute the Verizon Fios extender setup. If you are having any issues with your extender, you can contact our team. We’ll help you eliminate all the issues.