Joowin is a top-quality Wifi extender that eliminates Wifi dead spots around the areas like houses, offices, hotels, theaters, malls, etc. This device is for both small as well as medium-sized houses that have smart devices. To enjoy a high-speed connection in every area of your house, you need to execute the Joowin extender setup first. If you don’t know the process of the setup, then keep reading. Because in this blog we are going to give the ideal Joowin Wifi extender setup instructions.
The Joowin Wifi Extender Setup’s Light Status
To check if your extenders working or not, you need to observe the light. Below is the criterion you need to follow:
- The first light, at the topmost, conveys that the wifi signal is the strongest. If this light is lit up, it means the speed is high.
- The second light, in the middle, signifies that the signal is moderate. Here, the speed is low compared to the high speed.
- The third light, at the last, indicates a poor wifi signal. Here, you will experience bad wifi speed.
Process of the Joowin Extender Setup
On the contrary, the process of the Wifi extender setup is easier than the other devices. It takes only a few seconds to set up and configure the extender. Follow the Joowin Wifi extender setup instructions:
- The first step is to plug the device into an outlet.
- The second step is to power on the device using the button on the side of it. Then wait for at least 60 seconds to connect to your Wifi.
- Then connect your devices to the Joowin_xxx_2G or Joowin_xxx_5G that shows up in the Wifi list.
- After that, just enter the IP address in the address bar of a browser. The Joowin extender setup is complete.
You can do the Joowin setup by app as well. But that’s not all, the Wifi extender has various modes that can be really helpful. Further, we’ll explore the different types of modes of the extender.
How to Log into Joowin Extender?
After completing the Joowin extender setup, you should log into the extender. As logging in will give you access to the admin panel, then you can configure it accordingly. Follow the given steps to log in:
- First of all, download the Joowin app from your respective app store.
- Then, after downloading it, open it and click on ‘Create a Joowin extender account’. If you already have an account, tap on ‘Getting Started’.
- Next, add your personal information to create an account.
- After completing the Joowin admin login process, tap on the Wifi extender Login option.
Now, you can customize the settings accordingly.
Purpose of the Joowin App
The Joowin app enables you to remotely manage your range extender. The app can be use to verify the extender’s network status, number of connect devices, internet speed, etc. The uses of the app are below:
- The Joowin extender app can be used to access the Joowin login page.
- You can also execute the Joowin setup by app.
- The password can be recovered from the app.
- The internet can be managed and prevented using the app.
- The settings can be modified and applied from the app.
- The app makes it much easier to update the firmware.
- You can get all relevant information regarding the extender from the app.
- New devices can be added from the app.
Various Types of Modes in Joowin Wifi Extender
The distinct types of modes, that your Joowin extender contains, are as follows:
Joowin Extender as a Repeater
- To execute the repeater mode, you are required to log into the Joowin app first.
- After logging in, choose the ‘Repeater Mode’ option and use the default IP address.
- Then, select the 2.4G or 5.8G band, scan and choose your Wifi network and then enter its password.
- Afterward, set the Joowin Wifi extender setup password for the extended Wifi network.
- Then click on ‘Finish’ and the extender will be set on the repeater mode.
Extender as a Access Point
- To set the Joowin Wifi extender as an Access Point, log into the Joowin extender.
- Select the ‘Access Point’ mode and enter the superior router’s IP address.
- Then, set a password for it and click on ‘Finish’.
- As the configuration will be successful, link the POE adapter’s LAN port with the router’s LAN port, using a network cable. The Joowin extender as a access point is set up.
Joowin Extender as Router
- To set the extender as a router, ensure the extender is connected to your router with a cable. The internet can be accessed in three ways; “PPOE”, “Static”, and “DHCP”. It is suggested to pick PPOE.
- After logging in, select the Router mode and then choose PPOE.
- Then, enter the account name and Joowin Wifi extender setup password.
- After that, set a password for the new Wifi and tap on ‘Finish’.
Steps for the Joowin Extender Troubleshooting
Sometimes, the extender has some issues that result in the extender not working effectively. These issues can troubleshoot by following the steps below:
- If the extender isn’t working as it should, you can try resetting it.
- You can also try unplugging the extender and leaving it like that for a while.
- Ensure that your router is connected to the extender properly.
- You have to make sure the extender’s settings are coinciding with the router’s.
- As the distance increases, the connectivity decreases as well. Therefore, make sure you’re in the extender’s range.
- The firmware of your extender is outdated. Give the firmware an update.
- Observe the light to know if it’s working or not.
- Make sure its firmware is updated to the latest version.
This is how you can execute the Joowin extender troubleshooting.
How to Update the Joowin Extender Firmware?
If your extender is still having issues, you should try updating it. This is another method for the Joowin extender troubleshooting. As the new updates can eliminate all the glitches. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, open a browser or the Joowin app.
- Then, log into the admin panel using the username and password.
- Next, go to the ‘Support’ option and choose the latest version for the extender.
- Now, you can install the file by following the on-screen instructions.
The Joowin Wifi extender firmware update is successful.
How to Execute the Joowin Extender Reset?
If your extender isn’t working correctly at all, it is recommend to reset it. But remember, the extender will go back to the default settings after the reset. Follow the steps to initiate the Joowin extender reset:
- First of all, find the reset button which can be found at the bottom of the extender.
- Then, with the help of a pin or something sharp, press the button. Hold the button for at least 10-15 seconds.
- After leaving the button, restart the power of the extender.
The Joowin extender reset is complete. You can configure it again using the admin panel.
How to do the Joowin Extender Password Change?
If you want to change the password for your extender then you can do so through the admin panel. But if you have forgotten the password, then you have to reset the router. By resetting it, the extender will go back to its default settings. Follow the mentioned steps to change the password:
- Firstly, log into the admin panel.
- Secondly, enter your credentials.
- Then, click on ‘Basic Settings’.
- Next, enter the new password and the name in the fields and click on ‘OK’.
The Joowin extender password change is successful.
This is everything you need to know about your Joowin Wifi Extender. Follow the Joowin Wifi setup instructions properly to have a high-speed signal in all the dead spots of your house. If you are having any difficulty, or if there’s any issue with the extender, reach out to our team. We’ll provide a prompt as well as a convenient solution.