Comfast Wifi extender setup and installation are important if you have bought a new Comfast N300 WiFi range extender. The Comfast N300 range extender is one of the most reliable and affordable range extenders on the market. The device gives full justice to its functionality of expanding your wireless network coverage.If you have ever experienced wireless network coverage issues at your home or office, then you must check out this amazing device. The Comfast range extender picks up the wireless signals from the main router and increases its throughput to ensure maximum wifi network coverage. But all this is possible if you configure your device with the main router in the best possible way.In this post, we will discuss the Comfast extender setup instructions and help you go all the way through the Comfast extender setup wizard without any hassle.
Comfast Wifi extender setup using 192.168.10.1
There are two ways through which you can setup Comfast Wifi extender easily. The one way is through the default Comfast IP address i.e., http://192.168.10.1, and the other way is through the WPS button. We will discuss both methods on this page, but first, let us start with the IP address method.
- First of all, plug the device (Comfast extender) into the power outlet. Make sure this power outlet is nearby the main router.
- You need to keep your extender close to your main router only during the Comfast extender setup.
- After that, connect your computer to the Comfast extender’s wifi network.
- Now, launch a web browser on your computer and type 192.168.10.1 in the address bar.
- The Comfast extender login page will ask you to enter your username and password.
- When you enter the credentials, click Submit and you will be taken to the Comfast wizard.
- The device will now scan for your home network and attempt to connect to it.
- When prompted, enter the wireless password of your network and finalize the settings.
- Now the Comfast extender will get paired with the main router and the setup will be completed.
Setup using WPS button
This is the easiest way to setup extender. However, make sure your router supports the WPS method. You can confirm this by locating the WPS button on your router. If your router sports a WPS button, it means you can proceed with the Comfast extender setup using the WPS button.
- Press the WPS button on your Comfast wifi extender.
- When the light starts flashing, within 2 minutes, go to your main router.
- Press the WPS button on your main router as well.
- Allow a few minutes for both devices.
- After a few minutes, both devices will pair to each other and your extender will start expanding the wireless network.
Now that you have successfully set up and installed the Comfast wifi extender, you can unplug the device and plug it in a place where you experienced low network coverage until now.Well, that was all about the Comfast wifi extender setup. We hope this post helped you learn how to setup a Comfast wifi extender through the IP address and WPS button. However, if you require any further assistance, kindly contact the support team.