An access point is basically a device that forms a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), which is generally use in an office or a large building. The access point is link to a switch, wired router, hub or through an Ethernet cable. It extends a Wi-Fi signal to a chosen area.If you want to know how to setup Brotrend extender as an access point then you have come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll thoroughly explain how you can proceed with the Brostrend extender setup as access point procedure.
Process of the Brostrend Extender Setup
The steps for the Brostrend extender setup as access point are as follows:
- First of all, there’ll be an Access Point/Extender switch on your extender. Set that switch to Access Point.
- Then, with the help of an Ethernet cable, link the extender to the LAN port, present on the back of the router.
- After that, you can plug the extender in an electrical outlet.
- Then you have to wait till the Power LED lights up. In case it doesn’t light up, press the Power button.
- With a computer or mobile device that is Wi-Fi enabled, link the device to the Brostrend network.
- Open an internet browser, search your router’s IP address and login with your username and password.
- Then, click on New Extender Setup.
- On the page next displayed, fill in the fields for creating an account and then tap Next.
- Afterwards, you will be asked to choose an installation type, then you can choose Access Point.
Follow these cues to properly complete the Brostrend extender setup as access point.
Why Setup the Brostrend Extender as an Access Point?
As range extenders have proven to be great for home Wi-Fi networks, but they are not as efficient for modern businesses. Because they can only support a restricted number of devices at a time, normally not more than 20. Although they do increase the Wi-Fi router’s coverage, its available bandwidth stays the same.
A range extender can weigh down your connection if the number of devices linked at a single time are a lot.
Whereas, the Access points have the ability to manage more than 60 connections simultaneously.
Users can freely roam with a Brostrend extender setup as access point, without any interference in their network.
When they go from room to room, their devices effortlessly move from one access point to another without any drop in the connection that the user won’t even notice the networks switching.
Follow the mentioned steps properly to effectively execute the Brostrend extender setup as access point. If you are struggling with setting up the extender as the access point, you can get assistance from our team. We’ll help you figure out a solution to the problem.