Setting up a Linksys router with an Xfinity modem is not difficult. Comcast xfinity modem includes most advanced security features which when combined with Linksys router can protect your home wifi network from getting hacked by the attackers. If you are not sure how to connect Linksys router to Xfinity modem, you don’t need to worry about it as we are going to help you with it.
If you own multiple devices at your home and you want to connect them to the internet at the same time, you must get yourself Linksys router. In this guide, you can learn about the simple process of Linksys router setup with Comcast modem.
How to connect Linksys router to xfinity modem?
There are a few steps that you must follow to connect Xfinity modem to Linksys wifi router. follow the instructions carefully.
- Turn off your modem or unplug it from the power.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and connect its one into the WLAN or internet port of the Linksys router.
- Connect the another end of the Ethernet cable into the port located on the back of the Comcast modem.
- Then, you can connect your computer to the Linksys router wirelessly or using a second Ethernet cable.
- Pull up a web browser and into the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 or http://linksyssmartwifi.com which is the default domain of Linksys router.
- Here, you need to provide the login details of the Linksys router.
- You will come through the Linksys setup wizard.
- You can configure the advanced settings of the Linksys router by following the on-screen instructions on the smart setup wizard.
- After making all the configuration, click on the ‘save’ icon.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the Linksys router setup.
These easy steps will help you with the Linksys router setup with Comcast modem.
However, if you are facing some issues or your Linksys not connecting to Comcast modem, you can contact our in-house team as they can help you to resolve the issue.