Comfast WiFi Range Extender Setup
Learn how to setup comfast wifi extender
Before you proceed with the comfast wifi range extender setup, you must know that your comfast device can work in three different modes-
- As an access Point
- As an extender
- As a wireless router
If you wish to expand the wireless connectivity then you should set up comfast device in an extender mode. The following steps will explain you how to access comfast extender login page and extend your home network.
Let’s start with the basics:
- The comfast extender has to be plugged into a wall outlet and power ON. When the power LED on the extender gets stable, it means the device is switched ON successfully.
- After getting the device ready, connect it to your client device. Use a computer to connect WiFi signal of Comfast network starting with COMFAST___.
- Thereafter, pull up a browser and enter comfast default ip 192.168.10.1 in its URL field. It will take you to the comfast extender login page.
- Once you enter the login credentials, you will get into the comfast repeater setup page. Choose the working mode of the comfast device.
- When you choose the working mode as ‘Extender’, the comfast setup wizard will ask you to connect to the wireless network of your home network.
- From the list shown on the setup wizard, choose the SSID of the network that you wish to extend. Next, you need to type in the Wi-Fi security key of your home router network.
- Henceforth, you can change the wireless SSID and security passkey of the comfast wifi extended network.
- At last, you can save and apply the current changes to get complete your comfast repeater setup.
After installing and configuring your comfast wifi extender, you can place the device to a new location and connect the devices to the extended network.