Comfast Repeater Setup- The manual & the WPS method
Repeaters have become an integral part of modern homes/offices nowadays. While helping users get access to the internet at the remote corners of their spaces, devices like Comfast repeaters also offer a host of features. If you have recently purchased a new Comfast Repeater and are looking for ways to get it up and running, you’ve come to the right place. This webpage will walk you through the steps you can follow for the Comfast Repeater Setup process.
Learn how to access the Comfast repeater login page online
Default username and password for Comfast Repeater
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Things to know before you set up your repeater
Comfast offers a single device that can be set up to work in three operational modes. These are:
- AP mode(Access Point)
- Router Mode
- Repeater Mode
Based on your preference, you can select the appropriate mode and proceed with the instructions to get done with the setup.
Ways you can set up your Repeater
The WPS Method
The “WiFi Protected Setup” method can only be followed if your main home network router has the WPS button and supports such a connection. Once you are sure that your devices support the same, you can begin with the steps as mentioned.
- Plug your Comfast Repeater into the power outlet and turn on the power supply. Allow your devices to power up and wait for the Power LED to turn solid.
Note: Install your repeater in the same room as your main router to facilitate smoother pairing without interruptions.
- Make sure that the main router is functioning as well and the internet is working.
- Press the WPS button on the main router. You’ll see the WPS LED begin to blink. This is an indication that the device is looking for a secondary device to pair with.
- Now, on your Comfast Repeater, press the WPS button as well. You’ll see the WPS LED on the repeater blink for a while and then finally turn solid. This means that the repeater has paired with your main router and is ready to extend the signals.
- You can now relocate your repeater to a new location based on your preference and connect your wireless device to the new network.
The Manual Setup Method
As mentioned, the manual setup method will require you to access the web-based setting management wizard. Here are some steps you can follow to begin with the manual Comfast Repeater setup:
- Plug your Comfast repeater into a power outlet near your main home router. Turn on the power supply and allow the power LED to turn solid.
- Once it does, open the network settings on your computer/smartphone and connect to the Comfast repeater network. You can identify the same using the name. Select the same and click on the Connect button. No password will be required for this.
- Now, open a web browser and you will be directed automatically to the Comfast Repeater login window. If not, you can always type in the default IP address https://192.168.10.1 in the address bar of your browser and continue by pressing Enter.
- Once you reach the default repeater login wizard, key in the default login credentials in their respective fields and then click on the Login button.
Configuring the Network
The main Comfast Repeater Setup wizard will appear on your desktop screen and you’ll see three options viz. AP, Repeater, and Router. Since, we aim at setting up this device as a repeater, click on the Repeater option.
- You’ll now see the “Wireless Site Survey” page appear on the screen. You’ll also see a list of available networks. Select the one that belongs to your main home router.
- The form at the end of the page will fetch the name of the router network automatically.
- In the fields below the router name, type in a new repeater SSID. This will be the name your network will appear with while you look for it in the search window.
- Also, specify your new repeater password in the field directly below the SSID field.
- Click on the “Connect” button.
- The setup wizard will now ask you to type in the main router network password in the next window. Click on Connect and a connection successful message will be displayed on the screen.
You may now proceed with connecting your wireless devices with the Comfast repeater network.