Comfast CF-WR650AC router setup helps you configure your wireless router in order to access the internet through the network. The Comfast router setup starts by logging into the router and then proceeding with the configuration steps. If you want to set up your router, you need to access the web interface.
The Comfast web interface is the web management tool or control panel that allows you to configure the settings of your device as per your requirements. To go to the Comfast web interface, you first need to get access to your wireless router.
In this post, we will discuss how to get access to your router and go about the Comfast router setup. So let’s get started with the post right away.
Requirements for router setup
Before we start with the Comfast router setup, we need to learn about the things that are required prior to setting up your wireless router. Please refer to the points below:
- First of all, you should have a Comfast wifi router .
- The router should not be in a configured mode.
- Access to your modem.
- Two LAN cables. One for modem-router connection and one for router-PC connection.
- You can also connect your router to the PC through WiFi.
- An up-to-date web browser.
Comfast CF-WR650AC router setup
Now that we know all the basic things required prior to setting up your router, we can proceed with the Comfast router setup. Kindly follow the instructions very carefully in order to avoid any errors or problems. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, connect your router to the modem using a LAN cable.
- After that, connect your router to the PC. You can either use a LAN cable or connect through WiFi.
- Go to your PC and make sure it is connected to the Comfast wifi router.
- Open a web browser on your PC and type 192.168.10.1 . This is the default internal IP of your Comfast wifi router.
- Thereafter, you will see the Comfast router login page.
- Put down your router’s username and password on the login page. After that, press Enter or click Sign in.
- The default username and password are “admin”.
- Now that you have logged into the Comfast router, you will see the Comfast CF-WR650AC router setup page or web management page.
- Go to the Setup and you will be prompted to detect the internet connection type on your network.
- The router will automatically detect the internet connection type. If it does not, you can choose the manual method.
- In the manual method, you need to enter the PPPoE username and PPPoE password. You can contact your service provider to know about it.
- After that, proceed with the wireless configuration. Set a network name and password for your wifi network.
- At last, click Save. The Comfast router will reboot in order to make new changes take place.
Once you complete the Comfast router setup, you can connect to the router and check whether the internet is active.
This post was all about the Comfast CF-WR650AC router setup and configuration. We hope you got to know how to login to the device and move ahead with the configuration steps. Once you start with the Comfast router setup wizard, the setup wizard will walk you through the instructions. If you face any issues with your Comfast wifi router, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.