If you wish to expand the coverage of your network to spaces past the limit of the router. It’s very crucial to know how to execute the Comfast 1200 repeater setup. It will add to your router’s signals, and you will be able to have a seamless internet connection in all the dead zones in your house. If you require help with the setup, you have come to the right place.
Your Wifi extender has various modes. So, when you proceed with the Comfast 12 dual band extender setup, you can choose any mode.
Executing the Comfast 1200 Repeater Setup
Before you set up the repeater, you need to pick a suitable location for it. For the Comfast 1200 repeater setup, you’ll require an ethernet cable, a functioning internet connection, your router’s SSID, and a password. There are two ways to execute the setup. Follow the steps given below:
Comfast 1200 Repeater Setup with Web User Interface
- The first thing that you are required to do is connect the devices with an ethernet cable. Then power on the devices and wait till the LED lights light up.
- Next, tap on the network and internet section and find the SSID of your extender and select it to link to it.
- Now, on a web browser of your choice, enter the default IP address of your extender in the address bar.
- As the Comfast login page appears, type the username and the password of your extender and tap on login.
- Then the default repeater setup page will display. Here, you can find all the settings options.
- Choose the repeater mode to connect it to the extender along with the host networks.
- After that click on the internet tab and enter the SSID along with the password of your extender. To save the details, tap on the Save button.
- If you are using a dual-band, then you’ll require the SSID and the password of the second band as well.
- Once the details are saved, you are required to connect the extender’s network with the router’s network.
- When the next screen appears, choose your router’s main SSID from the given list.
- After selecting the network, enter the password and tap on the Save button. The Comfast 1200 repeater will sync with the router and will start repeating the signals.
The Comfast 1200 repeater setup is successful.
Comfast Repeater Setup with WPS
- Firstly, plug the Comfast 1200 repeater into a power outlet close to the wifi router.
- Secondly, press the WPS button on the wifi router, and in 2 minutes press the WPS button on the extender.
- Then wait for a while till the LED turns solid green indicating the WPS connection is complete.
- The password of the extender’s network will be the same as the router’s network.
- Then you can unplug the extender and plug it into a location between the router’s area and the dead zone.
The WPS connection is considered the best and fastest method to configure the extender. You do not require any password or anything. However, if this method isn’t working, you can always try the first method. With this, the Comfast 1200 repeater setup is complete.
If you are facing any issues with the Comfast dual band extender setup, you can call our team anytime.