A Wifi extender is use to increase a router’s network range. They extend it to all the connected devices beyond the router’s original limit. This way the user will experience high-speed internet connection in the zones they earlier got no or poor connection. Moreover, Altice is a renowned Wifi extender selling company. By executing the Altice one Wifi extender setup, you can stream in top-quality anywhere in your building.
You just need to ensure that you have accurately proceeded with the Altice smart Wifi extender setup. If you don’t know the correct procedure, in this post we’ll discuss how to setup Altice Wifi extender.
How to Setup Altice Wifi Extender?
Before initiating the Altice one wifi extender setup, you require the router’s network name and password. You also need the IP address, model number, ethernet cable, and PC or Laptop. Now you can set up the extender using two methods. You can find this information on the side or back of the router. Follow the steps to set up the Altice wifi extender:
Altice One Wifi Extender Setup Via Web UI
- Firstly, plug the extender into a source of power. Establish a connection between the PC and the extender using an ethernet cable. You can also form a connection wirelessly.
- Secondly, ensure the device and extender are successfully connect. Check if the device has a switch, switch it to “extender” mode.
- Next, open a web browser on the device connected to the extender.
- Now, enter the IP address of the extender. Make sure you have the correct IP address of the extender. You can find the IP address in the manual of the extender.
- When the login page appears, enter the username and password of the extender. After logging in you can change these details.
- Once you are log in, you can follow the instructions to assist you through the process.
The Altice one mini extender setup procedure is complete.
Altice Smart Wifi Extender Setup Via WPS Button
- First of all, ensure the extender and the router is powered on.
- Then, press the WPS button on both devices.
- When both devices’ light turns solid white, the devices are connect.
- Now, you can unplug the extender and place it where you receive a poor connection. Just ensure the extender’s not too far from the router.
- Now, you can connect your devices to the extender’s network and enjoy high-speed connection anywhere.
The WPS is the easiest and quickest method to set up the wifi extender. Although, if your router doesn’t support the WPS button you’ll have to set it up using the first method.
Where to locate the Altice Wifi Extender?
When you’re done with the Altice smart extender setup, you need to choose its location now. The most appropriate place for the extender is close to the dead zones as well as near the router.
If you keep the extender too close to the router, you won’t receive a good network in the dead zones. Whereas, if you keep it too far from the router, the extender won’t catch the Wifi signal. You need to place it in the middle, where it’ll receive the network as well as extend it to the dead zones.
These are the methods for the Altice one mini Wifi extender setup. For any issues or queries, connect with our team right now.